8.06.2010

The Flooding Toilet...

I woke up Friday morning to a FLOOD! I figured Brandon was just waiting for the shower water to get hot when I heard water running (no clue it was 1:30am), but after it kept running decided to get up & check it out...
As I was getting up I saw a strange shadow on the floor next to the bed...Squish! Carpet soaked...heading towards the shower...OMGosh! It's a big puddle in the bathroom, no shower running, hear it spraying to my right & see it gushing from the toilet hose!!
Frantically go to find where Brandon is (he'd fallen asleep on the couch watching the Rangers game) & tell him the carpet is flooded! He's still half asleep, telling me to calm down, "what was flooded?"
He gets up to come see...SQUISH! Now he's frantic & can't believe the carpet is soaked in the living room!
Who should we call? What to do?? I had just seen the Servpro trucks earlier Thursday & called them for HELP!!
We wait 1hr for the lucky person we woke up to call us & say when they could be there, meanwhile we're frantically move all the furniture out of our room, closet, living room & back bedroom. It is now 2:30am & we get a call to let us know they would be there in about 1.5-2hrs...4am two young guys arrive & expected to have a small room & closet to fix, well after telling them there were 3 rooms & 3 closets you could see the reality of not enough people on their face. By 10am all the padding was removed from the flooded areas & carpet rolled & removed, dryers placed on the floor, dehumidifyers in each room...now the drying process starts & the insurance fun begins!